Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Relocating Hitch


Hitchy-poo is doing well so far. She didn't hide in her carrier today, but hung out in her shelf while I cleaned her litter box, refilled her food and water and put out some wet food. She is still a little nervous, but seems much happier here than in my kitchen. She'll be released in the warehouse soon. She just has to be isolated for a bit to get used to her new surroundings. Hitch is now in a warehouse with heat in the winter and AC in the summer. She's got it made in the shade. 
Here is her set up, plenty of room, plenty of food and water, covered for privacy and calm, a shelf to hang out in:) She's doing great. 

If you want to know more about relocation protocol, please click on this link to Neighborhood Cats.

5 comments:

  1. that is an EXCELLENT idea for creating a second level in the crate! I have been trying to come up with ideas to do that when I have a longterm cage-cat. I did take a particleboard shelf and duct-taped it in, it worked but this is so simple! Plus next time I go to Costco I'll have another reason to take more of those heavy duty boxes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They love it. And for nursing moms they really seem to appreciate the opportunity to take a break from the kittens:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS: soo easy - pvc pipe thru the bars secured with zip ties, box on top secured with zip ties - 5 mins max

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was actually just trying to think up something like this last night! Good ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I fixed the comments, sorry about that! and thanks!

    ReplyDelete