Wednesday, February 10, 2010

FOLDING TRAP PT 2 - WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

This trap IS the greatest thing since cat nip!
Thank you Tru-Catch for sending these along, they are well made, sturdy and they work!
And in this corner...
2 posts ago I posted a video of a folding trap from Humane Way and found it to be poorly constructed, difficult to assemble and fold, and the trap door was catching and a couple of times it did not close properly.

Meet the Tru-Catch 30 ltf Trap!
It folds!
Tru-Catch saw the video of the other folding trap and contacted me to have me try out their traps! Nicely done Tru-Catch! They sent 2 traps and I LOVE them!
(I sent the post to Humane Way to let them know I was having trouble with their product and they have not contacted me at all.)

As you can see it folds up to the height of a sneaker.

Video of assembly.

TRUCATCH wins this one paws down!

In comparison:

Both traps fold down to a nice, compact size.

Tru-Catch: Handle for use when folded and set up, set up and fold down is easy, trap is well made and designed and is sturdy, trip plate takes less pressure/weight to trigger door, trap door is reliable, customer service I have experienced so far seems top notch.

Humane Way: Handle only available when set up, set up and fold down is difficult as the fit is too tight, trap seems poorly made and flimsy, trip plate takes more pressure/weight to trigger door, trap door is unreliable as a couple of times it did not lock when I was testing it, can't rate customer service as they have not responded to my email, however that tells me something about it now doesn't it.

THANK YOU AGAIN TO TRUCATCH!

http://www.trucatchtraps.com

They are also on facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment